Do you understand the unique issues facing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) lawyers within your law firm?
Do you currently have policies and initiatives in place to encourage an inclusive and diverse culture?
If the answer to either of these questions is no then there are a number of issues you may need to address immediately:
- Are you meeting the requirements of existing and potential clients who are increasingly expecting outside counsel to be able to demonstrate inclusive workplace policies mirroring or exceeding their own?
- Is a lack of initiatives and benefits for LGBT lawyers creating an adverse working environment that is affecting productivity and job satisfaction (in turn affecting retention)?
- Are you attracting the best talent to your firm or is an absence of policy in this area affecting your reputation and the decisions of graduates and lateral hires?
Diversity is already high on the agenda for many law firms but Managing Partner’s report Attracting, Advancing and Retaining LGBT Lawyers is written to provide senior management, HR and Diversity professionals within law firms with a clear grasp of the unique issues facing LGBT lawyers.
This report is one of the only available publications to extensively explore these issues and guide you through creating policies and initiatives that will deliver tangible benefits for employees and your firm.
- The tangible benefits to encouraging diversity;
- Recruiting LGBT lawyers - how to find LGBT law students and lateral candidates;
- Strategies for improving diversity policies and procedures;
- What LGBT law students and lateral candidates look for;
- Updating equal employment opportunity, healthcare and other benefits policies, and offering diversity training;
- Establishing diversity committees and affinity groups;
- Pro-bono partnerships with LGBT-oriented public service groups;
- Establishing mentoring programmes; and,
- Updating the 'little things' when examining internal policies and procedures.
Attracting, Advancing and Retaining LGBT Lawyers is written to provide you with proven tools and strategies to ensure your firm not only fulfils its ethical responsibilities, but also benefits from the value that a diverse and inclusive culture brings to your firm and your clients.