Contents and summary
Did you know that over 70% of companies are already using or planning to use custom mobile applications to streamline work processes and boost productivity?*
The mobile computing revolution is rapidly creating commercial opportunities that simply cannot be ignored. But how do you know if an app will be of value to your organisation? And how do you maximise the value it can produce?
Ark Group’s report Designing Mobile Apps: A Roadmap for Businesses cuts through the hype to help you identify, design and deploy practical mobile solutions that will deliver real productivity wins.
It includes a background of key mobile concepts, a comprehensive roadmap for developing mobile apps and invaluable case studies from early adopters to ensure you get implementation right the first time round.
Core topics covered within this report will ensure you are able to:
* Identify what benefits developing a mobile app can bring to your organisation;
* Understand the practical features of mobile devices and software;
* Build the business case for mobile apps and review your options;
* Evaluate the different styles and types of mobile apps available;
* Design customised mobile apps based on an understanding of your users’ requirements;
* Follow a complete roadmap for implementation including consideration of issues such as governance and testing; and
* Avoid the common pitfalls experienced in the field.
Detailed, real-life case studies demonstrate how early adopters are currently achieving immediate value with their mobile apps. These include:
* Leading Asian law firm, King & Wood Mallesons;
* International financial services company, Zurich; and
* Global architectural design studio, Woods Bagot.
Examples from Alcatel-Lucent and Apache Corporation also demonstrate how to successfully deploy simple apps and off-the-shelf solutions for positive impact.
(*State of Mobility Survey: Global Findings, Symantec, 2012)