Contents and summary
Do you feel pressure to measure the ROI of your KM initiatives? If so, you’re not alone.
Demonstrating the true return on KM is a difficult task for many KM practitioners, but it is vital if you want to gain the buy-in and support needed to ensure your projects succeed.
Ark Group’s practical guide on Measuring the ROI of Knowledge Management brings together the advice of leading KM consultants, along with real-world case studies and examples of what your peers are doing in order to help you meet this challenge.
- Stephanie Barnes (KM consultant at Missing Puzzle Piece Consulting) presents the reasons for measuring the ROI of KM and discusses the various metrics to use;
- Dr Nick Milton (director and co-founder of Knoco Ltd) details how BP Group have measured the ROI of KM and provides practical steps you should follow when measuring the ROI of your own KM pilot projects;
- James Gunn (KM consultant at Tacit Connexions) discusses executive scepticism towards KM and how to overcome it through the use of tools such as the causal link diagram and cost of quality arguments;
- Tim Hawley (associate director of Arup) gives detailed advice on building the business case for KM projects, including a structural checklist you can follow;
- Dr Madanmohan Rao (KM author and consultant) details the impacts of KM on Singapore’s Government and public sector agencies;
- Chris Boyd (senior director of professional services at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati) and Jack Bostelman (president of KM/JD Consulting LLC) demonstrate how the financial impact of KM can be measured in law firms and other professional services firms;
- Catherine Boissonnet (KM consultant at Vedalis) presents the concept of Return on Knowledge and the impact it can have in terms of innovation, productivity, and time and cost savings; and more...
Insightful case studies are also included from Ditte Kolbaek on the implementation of Proactive Reviews at Oracle, and Susan McIntyre on the measurement of public sector KM projects at Defence Research and Development Canada.
Find out how organisations around the world are successfully measuring and demonstrating the true value and ROI of their KM initiatives – and how you can do the same.